Dear Younger Self, I have hit my knees to the floor praying for more years than I care to admit, asking God to fix my husband, change his heart, make him understand...but I have come to know because of God's gentle and patient way, that I am the one who must change. My heart is the one that needs softening. And I needed to better understand. I am so humbled in this moment, thinking about how I demanded so much of my spouse, but don't remember what he might have needed from me. I don't recall a lot of his problems or worries, only my own. Through those exhausting child bearing and rearing years, I remember vividly how difficult it was...for me. I now realize that I must take more of my burdens and my complaints to the Lord to be burned up, not just on my husbands shoulders to burden him further. I needed more faith in my Savior. I needed to give up my "beasts of burden" to the altar...give them to God. I can't remember a single specific reason w...
Comments
Post a Comment